Use Top Box calculation for a sentiment key metric.
Top box is a popular measurement for conveying survey scores to scales. For example, on a 5-point scale, the top-box answers the question, “What percentage of people are likely to rate me a 5?” (e.g., the top “box” of the options). The idea behind this practice is that you’re getting only those that have the strongest feelings toward a statement.
To use Top Box in a Cross Tabs report:
- From the Reports tab, expand the Surveys 3.0 category.
- Click Cross Tabs.
- Click Customize.
- Choose a survey with a sentiment scale question.
You must have a survey with sentiment scale enabled in one or more of the question properties in order to view this option in the Cross Tabs report.
- Set the Key Metric to the sentiment scale question you want to use.
- Set the Type to Top Box or Top 2 Box.
- Click Preview.
- When satisfied with your changes, click Save As.