Share or restrict access to reports, surveys, dashboards and request templates across the organization.
With Template Permissions, you can now choose which templates you want to hide or share with specific users or roles. Declutter dashboards and cut down on confusion by only allowing users to see what is essential to their role. You can:
- Share custom reports
- Share custom dashboards
- Restrict access to certain surveys
- Restrict access to certain review request templates
- Restrict access to certain system reports
- Restrict access to certain system dashboards
- Set default templates
Roles must have Object Privileges enabled to manage template permissions:
To enable Template Permissions:
- From the top, right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Template Permissions.
- Choose a Template Type.
- Custom Dashboard & Custom Report require you to enter a user name to view that user’s custom templates.
- Review Request, Survey, System Dashboard & System Report populate all templates available. These are not user-specific; everyone can see these.
- Edit permissions for your chosen template.
- Set the Global Permission access preference.
- Add permissions for specific users or roles to override the Global Permission.
- Check Default Template so users automatically view the selected template when navigating to the corresponding tab.
- Click Save.
You can also set as default and share individual custom dashboards from the platform.