Display metadata in survey result through custom URL parameters.
Use customized URL parameters in query strings to display specific metadata in survey results, reports, and notifications.
A query string allows you to pass information to the Reputation platform by appending variables and values to the end of your Survey URL. This variable and value information show in individual survey results as well as in reports and notifications. You can append one or multiple variables depending on the information you want associated with your survey results.
Custom Parameter Examples
Custom parameters can be used to add descriptive and/or translational data to survey results.
- Descriptive – Customer’s name, age, hair color, income level, etc.
- Transactional – Transaction number, sales/service representative who worked with the customer, type of transaction, VIN number of customer’s car, etc.
To add custom URL parameters:
- From the Surveys > All Surveys tab, click Edit next to the survey you want to apply parameters to.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Variables section. Enter the required information:
- Variable Name – The name of the variable that will be used in the integrations or file uploads. This is not visible to the survey taker.
- Variable Label – The name of the variable displayed in survey results, reports, and notifications.
- Type – The type of the variable. Options include: date or text.
- PII – Check this box if the data should be treated as Personal Identifiable Information. PII is masked with asterisks depending on role permissions to access to PII.
- Filter Level – Determine where variables are displayed. Options include: Primary (displayed at the top level of the Survey pages), Secondary (displayed in report customizations), None.
Variables are case-sensitive!
- Click the plus icon (+) when finished.
- Click Save.
- Click Save on your survey.
- Click Create Survey Link.
- Choose Corporate or Location. If choosing Location, select a location from the dropdown.
- Click Copy to Clipboard.
- In a text editor (i.e., Microsoft Word, TextEdit, etc.), paste the survey URL.
- Add your parameter to the URL in the following format: &property-value-<>=value (i.e., &property-value-requestsource=sms)
- Add the appended survey URL to a request template in the platform or anywhere you choose to request feedback from your customers.