Ensure a consolidated online presence for your locations by managing duplicate listings.
The Duplicate Manager helps you identify, evaluate, and resolve potential duplicate location listings. You decide if a listing is a duplicate or not. Once you confirm a potential duplicate, the change is permanent!
It is important to address duplicate listings promptly because they often:
- Negatively affect search rankings and divide reviews across multiple pages.
- Create confusion among customers.
- Display outdated or incorrect information about your business.
Duplicate management applies to Google, Facebook, and Foursquare listings only.
Scanning for Duplicates
The automated Duplicate Scanning service looks for potential duplicates on the web every 90 days. Potential duplicates are identified if the listing is unmanaged by your account and has at least one of the following characteristics when compared to an actively managed listing:
- Same or similar name
- Same or very close address/geography (less than 0.5 mile)
- Same industry, category or services
- Same phone number
- Same website
A potential match remains in the Duplicate Manager until you take action. While some duplicates may be obvious, confirming duplicates requires manual consideration. For example, you may intentionally have two listings with the same name, address, and phone number that serve different purposes (e.g., sales vs. service departments).
To take action on potential duplicates:
- From the Listings tab, click Duplicates.
- Use top line filters to narrow your focus. The default status is set to “Potential.”
- Compare the data for the managed listing and potential duplicate; click the name of each listing to open the live listings under consideration.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Not a Duplicate – Do nothing with the listings. Within the Duplicate Manager, the records will move to “Dismissed” status.
- Duplicate – Merge the listing identified as a duplicate into the managed listing. Once confirmed, the reviews from the duplicate listing will transfer to the managed listing, and any traffic that used to go to the duplicate listing will redirect to the managed listing. Within the Duplicate Manager, the records will move to “Confirmed” status.
There is a confirmation screen after clicking Duplicate. Once you confirm your selection, the duplicate suppression process begins within 48 hours for submission to the source site. The source site may take up to a few weeks to suppress the duplicate from its network. Reputation.com does not guarantee that all duplicates will be identified or that the source site will accept all submissions for suppression.
You can action multiple duplicates by using the check boxes and bulk action buttons at the top of the page.