Easily manage the online presence for your departments.
What are department listings?
Google encourages local businesses with multiple departments to set up multiple listings, one for the main location page and one for each department. Through Reputation, you can map each listing, whether it’s a main listing or a department (secondary) listing, to a location in the platform.
1 Department Location Type
For each department listing on Google, you can set up department locations.
Select the type of the location based on industry, i.e., for automotive, the type of locations available include: Service, Parts, Collision, Quicklane etc.
2 Group Code Connection
Main locations can be associated with department locations on the platform using Group Code, which will be the same for both main and department locations. This helps create a hierarchy between main locations and department locations for Reputation Score calculation and roll up of data.
3 Reputation Score Intact
Roll up reviews from department location(s) to main location to ensure that the Reputation Score for the main location is not impacted due to decreased review volume on main locations.
Reputation Score for department locations is not available.
4 Location Dropdown Filter
Exclude department locations from the location dropdown filter. When the Location filter is used, all data associated with the department locations will also be shown by default.
Pick a Location Type to further filter the data on any page by the type of location.
Google vs. Reputation Platform
Departmental listings only impact how locations and their associated data are managed in the Reputation platform. This does not change the structure of Google My Business (GMB) listings on Google in any way.
Setting Up Department Locations
Work with your Customer Success Manager and Reputation’s Professional Services team to enable department listings. In the meantime, you can prepare your account by setting up department locations.
Reputation’s Professional Services team can also assist with setting up department locations.
To set up department locations:
- From the top right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Locations.
- Click on your desired location.
- Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Scroll down and add a Group Code and Type.
- Group Code – The main location and the department locations are associated together using Group Code. The Group Code should always be the same across the main and the associated department locations. By default, a group code will be the same as the location code. For department locations, the group code must be updated to be the same as the group code for the main location.
- Type – The Type field is used to denote what type of department location it is. If it is a Main location, the Type should be set to Main. Only one location for a specific Group Code should have Main as the Type. For department locations, the Type should be selected.
- Click Save.