Engage is a centralized location to help quickly take care of customers reaching out to your brand.
Each time a customer reaches out, a conversation will be created. You are able to respond directly to the user from this conversation as well as update their customer profile information or have an internal message discussion with a team member about the conversation.
Engage currently supports:
- Facebook – Direct Messages, User Wall Posts and Comments on Brand Posts
- Instagram – Comments on Brand Posts
- Twitter – Direct Messages, @mentions, replies
Filtering the Inbox
To filter your inbox:
- Click the Filter tab on the top navigation.
- Select one or more filters to exclusively view those items in the Inbox. Available options include: Assigned Users, Account the message was sent to and whether it is a public or private conversation.
- To remove the Filters, either uncheck the box(es) or click Clear All at the top of the Filter column.
Conversations can be in the following Inboxes/Scopes:
- Inbound – When a customer reaches out to the social accounts via a wall post/@mention, comment on a post or a direct message it will first appear in Inbound.
- Open – Conversations that someone has engaged with by either sending a response or assigning the conversation to a user.
- Closed – Conversations that have been closed/finalized.
- Ignored – These are Conversations that a user has chosen to ignore so they will not reopen unless the customer reaches out again.
- Assigned – All Conversations that are currently assigned to you in the Open Inbox.
- Snoozed – All Conversations that have been set for a future time to repopulate in the Open tab at the set date and time.
- User Scope – View all Conversations from the current user.
To change a Conversation’s state:
- Select the desired conversation.
- In the top right of the middle column, you will see the current state that the conversation is in.
- Click the current state and select from Inbound, Open, Closed or Ignored.
Keep in mind:
- To Snooze a conversation, click on the stopwatch (two icons to the left of the current Conversation state).
- A Conversation will appear in Assigned if you reply to the customer or assign the Conversation to yourself (one icon to the left of the current Conversation state).
Actions on Conversations
There are many actions you can take on individual Conversations.
- Public Conversations – Click the chat icon to view the full conversation. Click again to view the current conversation.
- Ignore – Click the not allowed icon to move a Conversation to Ignored.
- Snooze – Click the stopwatch icon to set a future date and time to have the conversation reopen.
- Assignments – Click the two people to view current Conversation assignments and to assign or remove an assignment from the Conversation.
If a user is assigned to a Conversation they will receive an in app notification as well as an email.
- Inbox State – Click on the current Inbox State in the top right corner to move the Conversation into a different Inbox.
- User Profile – In the top right corner, the user’s information will be displayed, including how many conversations they currently have and in which Inbox states they are located. User profiles also include their number of Followers on Twitter. Click the pencil to add/edit user information including their name, email, phone number and location, as well as internal notes about the user.
- Internal Discussions – In the bottom right corner you can have internal team discussions in regards to any specific Conversation. “Show system activity” will display when a Conversation has been moved to a different Inbox as well as when and who replied to a user.
To have an internal conversation, select the conversation you are trying to resolve. In the far right column, locate the chat box at the bottom. Reach out to any team member by @mentioning that user. They will receive a notification that they have been mentioned in a conversation.
- Collision Detection – Inbox will also alert you when another user is viewing the same Conversation as well as if they are already writing a response to that user.
- Canned Responses – If you frequently use some of the same responses you can click on the bookmark icon in the chat reply to create and save responses.
Canned Responses are available for every reply in the Inbox. You can create canned responses and use them to respond quickly to common customer questions from any conversation reply.
To create a new canned response:
- Select a conversation and click to reply.
- Click the star bookmark in the upper right corner.
- Click the blue plus (+) in the upper right corner.
- Type in the subject and copy for the reply and then click Save.
To add a canned response to a reply:
- Select a conversation, and click to reply.
- Click the star bookmark in the upper right corner.
- Select a response. Tt will populate as the reply.
- Click Send + Close or Send to send this message to the customer.
Update customer profiles by selecting a conversation; the customer’s information is displayed in the top right column. To edit the information or add customer notes, click the pencil in the upper right corner. Click Save to update the information.
To view previous conversations with a specific customer, click on their name at the bottom of the Inbox folders on the left.