Identify and update inaccurate data on top sites per location.
The location grid allows you to quickly identify where discrepancies exist and view how long ago the last audit occurred. Filter to view All, AutoSynced or Audit Only locations.The grid contains the following columns:
|Location||The name of the location to which you have access. Click the name to view audit details.|
|Address||The address of the location as listed in the platform's source of truth.|
|Correctable Sites||Google, Facebook, and Bing are examples of correctable sites. If your account's listing source includes these sites and if these sites have appropriate connections, status information is shown as a Match () or Mismatch ().|
|Supported Sites||If your account's listing source includes these sites, status information is shown when hovering over the ellipses ().
Any sites that have a missing URL are indicated with this icon:
|Last Audited||The number of days since the system last compared this location's listing sites to the source of truth.|
|AutoSynced||Actively managed through the platform.|
You must have admin privileges on your account to add or modify listings sources. If you need assistance, contact your Customer Success Manager.
When you click a location from the location grid, you can quickly scan the audit results against the most important listing sites. The data shown in each associated listing site is available in two formats:
The following reasons may apply to a listing denoted as Submitted.
- Published to Source – The data has been sent to the source and validated as accurate.
- Submitted to Source – The data has been sent to the source, contractually fulfilled.
The following reasons may apply to a listing denoted as Pending.
- Pending Update – An update has been submitted and it is now pending update on the source.
- Missing/Invalid Data – The profile is missing source required data or the data that exists does not meet the requirements of an actively managed source.
- Pending Verification – Used for sources that don’t require PIN verification, but are awaiting verification through other means.
- Pending PIN Verification – Need to send the postcard with the PIN code.
- PIN Verification Requested – The postcard with the PIN has been sent, we are now waiting on the client to return the PIN.
- Missing/Invalid Credentials – The credentialing information required to fulfill a listing on a source is either missing or invalid.
- Source Error – Returned when an API error response is received from a source. Usually, 400/500/Unavailable type errors will trigger this.
- Duplicate – A listing that has been flagged as a duplicate by a source.
- Suspended – A listing that has been suspended or disabled by a source.
- Rejected – The data is being rejected by the source/the source has said that we cannot make updates to the listing.
Not Fulfillable Status
The following reasons may apply to a listing denoted as Not Fulfillable.
- Audit Only – A location that is being audited on a source but not actively managed.
- Cancelled – A location that was once actively managed for Business Listings but is no longer.
- Closed – A location that has been closed.
- Not Publishable – The profile contains a missing field that’s required for the selected source (e.g., Facebook requires a description). A listing may also have this status if it be published to a source due to country or industry restrictions.
- Opted Out – A location that has chosen not to be part of the Business Listings program.
- Other – Locations that are Not Fulfillable for other reasons fall into this status.
View Profile Data
If you have access to the View Profile Data button, you can view the data on file for this location and make updates as needed. If you need to update more than one location, you can manage bulk updates in the Profiles tab.
To prevent a source from being included in automatic updates, toggle the AutoSynced button. To prevent all sources for a particular location from being included in automatic updates, toggle the AutoSynced button from the Locations grid.