Due to new guidelines from Facebook, you may need to update your connections within the platform.
Refer to the full article to learn more about Credentials and Connections.
To add a Facebook connection:
- From the top right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Credentials.
- From the list of sources in the table, click Facebook.
- On the Facebook connection page, click Add Connection.
A new browser window opens with the authentication steps required by the source site
- Select the profile to use (may require entering credentials) and agree to terms and services for using the API.
The connection is added to the list for the matching platform location(s) that are associated with that Facebook account.
Check to make sure there are no “Invalid” connections because those connections may no longer work. Click the “x” icon to remove any Invalid connections and any connections that do not have a matching location.
Additional Tips for Facebook Connections
- The name authorized on the Facebook user account should be a person’s name (e.g., Peter Johnson), or FB is likely to flag it.
- The Facebook user account must have Admin/Edit privileges for the page in order to publish.
- It’s recommended the connected user completes the Identify Confirmation on their Facebook profile to avoid any interruptions in functionality. (Posts may fail without completing the ID confirmation.):
- Enable 2FA
- Confirm location
- Submit government issued identification
- USPS mails account verification PIN to user
- If the user’s Facebook password changes, update the connection in the Reputation platform.