Create unpublished Facebook posts for advertising purposes.
Social content creators can now create unpublished, or “dark” Facebook posts to be used for advertising purposes. These posts do not appear on a page’s Timeline or in fans’ Newsfeeds, but they can be promoted as advertisements within the Facebook Ads Manager.
To create a dark post:
- Initiate post creation from one of the following areas:
- In the Create Post page, select Facebook as the source under Publish to.
- Select the location(s) to associate with the post.
- Create your post, including copy and media.
- Click Target your post.
- Check the box next to Unpublished post. Click Save.
- Click Publish Now or Publish Later. Your dark post will be created at the selected time. Dark posts are previewed in the Calendar with a “Sponsored” label.
Once the dark post is created, it can be promoted from the Facebook Ads Manager (Ads Manager > Power Editor). Promotion is NOT available in the Reputation Social Suite.